Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Baby Quilt for Collin Bryon Van Fleet

This quilt is for the soon-to-be-born son of my niece, Meghan, and her husband, Tyler.

 I found most of the fabrics at The Stitchin' Post. As seems to be the case with me, I picked up a few fabrics that just didn't fit into the quilt once I got to laying it out. Oh well, more for the stash!

I finished the quilt August 12. The design was inspired by "Hip to be Square"by Busy Bee Quilt Designs.

40" x 52"


 
 The back is Alexander Henry's "Pool Monkey's Business - 2-D Zoo Cotton Flannel".  I saw this at Cool Cottons before I knew what I was going to make with it. I just loved the colors and the animals so I had to have it. Luckily Meghan announced she was having a baby and that was that.

The label with the list of 51 things I quilted into the design
The label with the list of what I quilted into the design. 

Here are a few close-ups of some of the "things"
                                                                        











And I couldn't resist making some onesies to match!








2 comments:

  1. Love the "things" hidden in the quilting. What fun is in store for your great-nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza Tickets - The
    Mohegan 공주 출장마사지 Sun Arena at Casey Plaza tickets, 광명 출장샵 upcoming 2021 목포 출장마사지 event schedule, venue information, 광명 출장안마 directions, and seating charts.Fri, Dec 17ChicagoJan 남원 출장안마 15, 2022Randy HouserFeb 16, 2022Miss America Pageant

    ReplyDelete